After filling out an health history/exercise safety questionnaire we require all our clients undergo a thorough Exercise Physiology assessment so we can prescribe the safest and most effective exercises to meet your goals.
As part of our assessments, we complete a variety of measures, including:
- Static and Dynamic Balance,
- Body Composition,
- Flexibility and Range of Motion,
- Strength testing,
- Cardiovascular testing.
Thorough assessment allows us to:
- Establish your baseline ability
- Establish your ideal and safe heart rate range during exercise
- Design your exercise program specifically for you
- Discuss and design realistic and achievable goals for you.
Specific to clients with a cancer diagnosis:
There are many different types of cancer treatment and they cause different side effects for different people. Both the cancer itself and its treatment can effect all components of your fitness. Treatment cycles cause fluctuations in energy levels. During our assessment we will discuss all these issues and assess how they have effected you and work out a plan to achieve your goals.
“When I came to see Dale I could not even sit up without using my arms to help. She gave me very clear, safe and specific exercises to strengthen my body and helped me reach my goals. I saw results within a 2 weeks.”